Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014

We have discovered wine berries! They grow wild here. They're a little smaller than raspberries and more tart than sweet. First Caleb and the kids found them up the street, next to their "rock climbing wall." This week Caleb was on a little walk during lunch and found tons more next to his work. He was so excited that he took us all back there that evening. I had no idea the man I married had such a passion for picking berries, but he loves it! It takes him back to his childhood. The next day he texted me from work, "It's all I can do to not go out there and start picking berries!" It's great because the kids love it too and they all feel like they're being productive. We've tried lots of things with them and so far my favorite is in pancakes and blended with vanilla bean ice cream.


 
I gave Eliza my tupperware half full and she downed the whole thing! We figured out she has color blindness where she doesn't see the color red, so picking red berries is a bit of a challenge! She seems like like the yellow ones just the same. :) We adore our Eliza girl.




The kids often hang out with our next door neighbor Susan. She is the best neighbor!! Sam especially goes over to her house a lot. They have smoothies together, work in the flower beds, walk her dog Hershey, etc. They helped her set up her beach tent the other day.
Favorite new hoodie towels from Grandma Andersen!
 A few pics from today...
One of my favorite things about our place is the back porch. We have frequent evening family treats out there.

Zoe is 8 weeks today! She is starting to smile and it is so fun.

Sweet Sammer boy. He's into rock climbing lately on the rocks up the street. He ties yarn all around him as his rock climbing ropes. :)

Liza Lou ("Princess P") - outfit #5 for the day. She does all the changing by herself now so I really don't mind!









Just cause I can't get enough of her!









No comments: